“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
― Winston Churchill
The Colchester Community Food Shelf is only effective because of the work of our volunteers. It is because of your dedication that we can continue to help our neighbors in need.
Volunteers at the food shelf work in shifts with approximately three volunteers on duty per shift. During a typical volunteer shift, duties may include:
- Logging in clients
- Assisting/shopping with clients
- Weighing, checking expiration dates, and shelving food donations
- Other jobs requiring immediate attention, such as general cleaning, stocking shelves, and overseeing deliveries to the food shelf
- Checking in large orders (some weekly and some monthly)
- Record-keeping (immediate food needs, information for the next shift of volunteers, etc.)
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Please call 879-2444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer. We will give you a tour of the food shelf, review the duties and schedule, and have you work a shift or two while shadowing another volunteer.