Are you or someone you know struggling to access food? We added a list of available resources to the “Get Help” section of our website. We have also included the list of resources below in the “Additional Resources” section for easy access.
Farmers to Families Food Box Program Update
The Farmers to Families Food Box program is taking a short break in food distributions between now and July 3rd. During this time they are preparing for the next phase which will run during July and August.
Colchester School District Free Summer Meals Update
Colchester School District is providing free summer meals to children throughout Colchester. The program will run from June 23rd to August 14th. For more information, please visit the Colchester School District COVID-19 Information page and scroll down to the “Summer Meal Delivery Information” section.
- 3SquaresVT: Has your household lost pay? Have your childcare expenses increased? 3SquaresVT is here for you and your family. You could be eligible to receive a 3SquaresVT benefit or increase the benefit you already receive. We can help you apply. Visit the Foodbank’s 3SquaresVT page, email email@example.com, call 1-855-855-6181, or text VFBSNAP to 85511.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC): WIC gives you access to healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, and breastfeeding support. If you’re pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under five, WIC is right for you! To find out more and apply visit https://www.healthvermont.gov/family/wic or text VTWIC to 85511.
- Find a Food Shelf: The Vermont Foodbank partners with 215 food shelves, meal sites, senior centers, homeless shelters, and out of school programs across the state. Find a site close to you through the Vermont Foodbank’s food shelf listings.
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP): The CSFP is a federal nutrition program that offers free monthly nutrition information and nutritious foods to income-eligible older adults. Learn more at vtfoodbank.org/csfp.
- 2-1-1: The Vermont 2-1-1 database contains detailed descriptions of programs and services available to Vermonters that are provided by local community groups, social service and health-related agencies, government organizations, and others.
- Meal Programs for Older Vermonters: For more information about meals for older adults, please call the Helpline at 1-800-642-5119.
- Additional Resources: Visit vtfoodbank.org/gethelp
We will continue to update you as we get additional information and/or resources. Additional information can also be found on Front Porch Forum, the Colchester Food Shelf website, and on the Colchester Food Shelf Facebook page.