Colchester Food Shelf will be open on Wednesday, October 14 from 12 Noon to 6 PM
Reminder to Please Mask Up When Visiting the CCFS
Please remember to wear a face mask at all times when talking with Colchester Food Shelf volunteers!
Where to Drive/Park When Visiting the CCFS on Wednesdays
Please review the following important information regarding the flow of traffic at the CCFS on Wednesdays:
- Before heading to the Food Shelf, please ensure you have room in the trunk of your car or the back of your SUV.
- When you arrive at the Food Shelf, please pull in as if you were going to the side of the Food Shelf, but turn and stop parallel to the right-hand garage door.
- Please remain in your vehicle while at the Food Shelf. Volunteers will come to you.
- If you are new to the Food Shelf, please bring proof of residency (E.g., utility bill, insurance bill, mortgage/lease). Unfortunately, a driver’s license cannot be used for proof of residency.
- A reminder that clients can shop at the Food Shelf once a month. If you have additional food needs, please inform one of the volunteers and they can provide you with some additional resources or visit our Get Help page.
Attention Gardeners! Is Your Garden Still Producing?
We welcome any excess produce your garden may still be producing! We ask that you bring any extra produce that you would like to donate to the Food Shelf on WEDNESDAYS only, preferably before the Food Shelf opens at 12 Noon. We will have volunteers at the Food Shelf by 11:00 a.m. Once there are clients waiting in line you should part at Claussens and walk over to the Food Shelf. If your garden is put to bed for the season, please accept our gratitude for all the produce you shared with other Colchester residents. During the third quarter, we received 1,304 pounds of donated produce! Much appreciated!
Thank you, Donors!
Thank you so much for the donated groceries each week. During the third quarter, we received 4,122 pounds of donated groceries. Remember to bring items only on Wednesdays. You can park at Claussens and look for the container near the left garage door at the Food Shelf. We are open 12 Noon to 6:00 p.m.
Where Can You Find Us?
The Food Shelf is located at 245 Main Street, Colchester, between Claussen’s Greenhouse and Union Memorial School. We can also be reached by phone at 802-879-2444. If you call outside our Wednesday hours, please leave a message.
Our mailing address for donations is Colchester Food Shelf, PO Box 625, Colchester, Vermont 05446.
Thank you again from the volunteers and clients.
Questions? Email email@example.com