Colchester Food Shelf will be open on Wednesday, November 11 from 12 Noon to 6 PM
If you are not feeling well, please do not come. Ask another family member or friend to pick up your groceries on your behalf. If you send a friend or family member in your place, please call us (802-879-2444) between 11:00 a.m. and 12 Noon to complete the perishables list and let us know who is coming for your groceries.
Reminder to Please Mask Up When Visiting the CCFS
Please remember to wear a face mask at all times when talking with Colchester Food Shelf volunteers!
Where to Drive/Park When Visiting the CCFS on Wednesdays
Please review the following important information regarding the flow of traffic at the CCFS on Wednesdays:
- Before heading to the Food Shelf, please ensure you have room in the trunk of your car or the back of your SUV.
- When you arrive at the Food Shelf, please pull in as if you were going to the side of the Food Shelf, but turn and stop parallel to the right-hand garage door.
- Please remain in your vehicle while at the Food Shelf. Volunteers will come to you.
- If you are new to the Food Shelf, please bring proof of residency (E.g., utility bill, insurance bill, mortgage/lease). Unfortunately, a driver’s license cannot be used for proof of residency.
- A reminder that clients can shop at the Food Shelf once a month. If you have additional food needs, please inform one of the volunteers and they can provide you with some additional resources or visit our Get Help page.
We would like to offer dinner fixings along with a turkey to Food Shelf clients. To do so, we are looking for: boxed scalloped potatoes, turkey gravy, green bean casserole ingredients (green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and French’s Crispy Fried Onions), boxed stuffing mix, and cranberry sauce.
We are open Wednesday, November 11 and 18 from 12 Noon to 6:00 p.m. We will also have volunteers at the Food Shelf by 11:00 a.m. on those days if you would like to come drop off donations before we open for clients.
We will also be OPEN FOR DONATIONS ONLY on two Saturdays, November 14 and November 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where Can You Find Us?
The Food Shelf is located at 245 Main Street, Colchester, between Claussen’s Greenhouse and Union Memorial School. We can also be reached by phone at 802-879-2444. If you call outside our Wednesday hours, please leave a message.
Our mailing address for donations is Colchester Food Shelf, PO Box 625, Colchester, Vermont 05446.
Thank you again from the volunteers and clients.
Questions? Email email@example.com