We are just days away from the 6th year of the Colchester-Milton Rotary Club “Fill the Truck” event, to benefit the local food shelves. Thanks to local residents and businesses, $6,000 and thousands of pounds of food have been donated to the Colchester Community Food Shelf. The year, the event will also benefit Milton and The Islands!
The Colchester Milton Rotary understands local food shelf organizations receive a lot of donations during the holidays, but often the months of January and February are difficult. Please help the Colchester-Milton Rotary Club ‘fill the truck’ with food for local families who need your support to make this winter season hunger free.
We will be at Shaw’s, 66 Mountain View Drive, Colchester on Saturday, February 3, 2018, from 10 AM to 3 PM. Please buy an extra item to help fill the truck.
Items most needed:
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut butter
- Bottled juice
- Hearty Soups
- Dry pasta – spaghetti & elbow macaroni
- No expired items, please!
**Monetary donations are also accepted, and are actually preferred, as the food shelf’s purchasing power is 2-3 times more than yours! Please make checks payable to Colchester Food Shelf.
Too busy this Saturday, but still interested in helping “Fill the Truck”? Drop off your non-perishable food items (or checks) during the month of February at these locations:
- RE/MAX North Professionals 875 Roosevelt Hwy, Colchester
- Colchester Police Department 835 Blakely Rd, Colchester
- Burnham Memorial Library 898 Main St, Colchester
- Milton Family Community Center 619 – 23 Villemiare Ln, Milton
We will have a truck to fill at the following locations from 10 AM to 3 PM:
- Shaw’s 66 Mountain View Drive, Colchester on February 3
- Price Chopper 1184 Prim Road, Colchester on February 10
- Four Seasons Realty 162 River St, Milton on February 17
Vermont Hunger Facts:
One in five Vermont children experiences hunger or food hardship. 3% of all Vermont households are food insecure. More than 20,000 children under 18 live in food insecure households. Nearly 80,000 Vermonters of all ages live in food insecure households. More VT Hunger Facts at HungerFreeVT.org
Information about this event was provided by the Colchester-Milton Rotary Club.