May is just around the corner and the Colchester-Milton Rotary Club will be working to “Fill the Truck” for local food shelves. This will be the 7th year of the “Fill the Truck” event. Thanks to local residents and businesses, over $8,000 and thousands of pounds of food have been donated to the Colchester, Milton and The Champlain Islands food shelves!
The truck will be visiting the following locations from 10 AM to 3 PM:
- Saturday, May 4 – Shaw’s 66 Mountain View Drive in Colchester
- Saturday, May 18 – Hannaford’s 259 Route 7 South in Milton
- Saturday, May 25 – Price Chopper 1184 Prim Road in Colchester
Items most needed:
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut butter
- Bottled juice
- Hearty soups
- Dry pasta (spaghetti and elbow macaroni)
No expired items, please!
**Monetary donations are also accepted, and are actually preferred, as the food shelf’s purchasing power is 2-3 times more than yours! Please make checks payable to Colchester Food Shelf.
Can’t make it to one of the weekly events? Non-perishable food items (or checks) can be dropped off at the following locations during the month of May:
- RE/MAX North Professionals 875 Roosevelt Hwy in Colchester
- Colchester Police Department 835 Blakely Rd in Colchester
- Burnham Memorial Library 898 Main St in Colchester
- Milton Family Community Center 619 – 23 Villemiare Ln in Milton
VT Hunger Facts:
One in five Vermont children experiences hunger or food hardship. 3% of all Vermont households are food insecure. More than 20,000 children under 18 live in food insecure households. Nearly 80,000 Vermonters of all ages live in food insecure households. More VT Hunger Facts at HungerFreeVT.org
Thank You For Your Support!
**Monetary donations also accepted, and actually preferred, as the Food Shelf’s purchasing power is 2-3 times more than yours!
Information about this event was provided by the Colchester-Milton Rotary Club.